Pregnancy Troubles and Update

  First I would like to say thank you to all of the people that have still been giving me some traffic on this blog although I haven't been very consistent this last month.  Honestly, this pregnancy has not been the best for me. Even this morning I am already worn out and my body feels like it can't handle much. I just feel really lightheaded and extremely tired and I'm not sure exactly why I'm feeling this way. The doctor has told me that it's due to my low blood pressure and although he's a doctor I don't really believe that to be true because my blood pressure has always been low. I've also never had to deal with this before during any pregnancy so I'm not really sure how to handle it especially now with still having to take care of two small children. To be honest, I'm not really sure how some women do this so many times but I know that this one is it for me.  No more after this! The papers to get my tubes tied have already been signed and ev

Fearful

Beautiful Baby #1
So as I briefly mentioned in my introduction post I am pregnant with my third and I am terrified to go into labor again. When I was in labor the first time it lasted 36 hours which didn't actually frighten me because I didn't know what to expect at the time. I partially feel terrible for saying this, but I don't remember how long I was in labor the second time. I just know that it didn't last as long, it was definitely shorter than 24 hours. What makes me scared now is that I won't be able to have my mother there coaching me through it like she did for me with my other children. My mother was my rock during labor. She stayed with me the entire time. Even when I couldn't sleep she stayed awake with me all night. I appreciate her so much for being there with me.
Beautiful Baby #2
 It was exactly the support I needed that I believe could have only come from a mother herself. Just thinking about that kind of support and not being able to have it due to Covid-19 scares the crap out of me, especially since I have tended to do everything natural.

Neither of my pregnancies or labors had any complications thank goodness, but have you ever had a fear that complications could happen? Well I do all the time. It feels like a looming cloud over me that hopefully goes away soon. Honestly, either way if I'm scared or not my body is going to do what it needs to do when the baby is on the way. I also don't want you to think that I'm saying my children's fathers weren't helpful. Well my son's father wasn't but my daughter's father, which is my current boyfriend was extremely helpful. Hopefully he's even more helpful this time around. My main point is that there's nothing like a mother's love or support. Especially since she's been through this sort of thing before. I know that I'm not the only mother/parent that has had fears. What are some of your fears that you've had about pregnancy or just about life as a parent? Also please feel free to share some of your labor stories mine will be coming soon.

Comments

  1. It's normal to be a little nervous before giving birth, no matter how many times you've done it already. A mother's support is like nothing else, and although she can't be in the room with you, she'll be supporting you still. You have to trust your body, and let fear subside. You'll do great :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pregnancy Troubles and Update

An Old but New New Year

Getting to Know Me