Pregnancy Troubles and Update

  First I would like to say thank you to all of the people that have still been giving me some traffic on this blog although I haven't been very consistent this last month.  Honestly, this pregnancy has not been the best for me. Even this morning I am already worn out and my body feels like it can't handle much. I just feel really lightheaded and extremely tired and I'm not sure exactly why I'm feeling this way. The doctor has told me that it's due to my low blood pressure and although he's a doctor I don't really believe that to be true because my blood pressure has always been low. I've also never had to deal with this before during any pregnancy so I'm not really sure how to handle it especially now with still having to take care of two small children. To be honest, I'm not really sure how some women do this so many times but I know that this one is it for me.  No more after this! The papers to get my tubes tied have already been signed and ev

Getting Baby Girl to Sleep in Her Bed

 Did you have trouble getting your child to get out of your bed and sleep in their own? Or did you have them sleep in their own bed from the start?

Well when I first began trying to get my baby girl, Milanna, to sleep in her own bed, it was really tough. Due to pure laziness, I let me one year old daughter sleep with me from time to time and it was such a struggle to get her to sleep in her own bed every night. Putting her to bed was taking at least an hour and sometimes really all night because we (my boyfriend and I) had to continuously get up and put her back in the bed. Although some nights she did give up a bit easier and went straight to bed. At the time, I just wished that happened every night.  

I now believe that I have just about mastered getting Milanna to bed. I believe that it mostly had to do with the time she woke up in the morning and the time she would take her nap. For waking up in the morning, my children usually wake up at 10am (unless it's a holiday and they stay up late the night before). Then nap time is at 2pm and I wake the kids up from that at 4pm. That might not seem like a long time but keep in mind that it is just a nap. Also for a one year old it's plenty of time. Next, bedtime is at 9pm (sometimes 9:30 depending on what's going on). Now, I will post soon about what I do between sleep times. 

What I've learned is that it really helps to be strict about the sleep and wake up times; otherwise the kids will think that they can just do whatever. I've also noticed that my children especially my daughter responds really well to a schedule. Due to the fact that I'm staying home right now it's been easier to stick to one. So, Milanna has been climbing into bed for nap time as soon as I turn off the room light. For bed time when she is instructed to get in the bed she goes with absolutely no problem. I now have my very own success story and yes I feel like mother of the year because of it! 

Let me know if you've had any issues with getting your children to sleep in their own beds or if you've had no problems with it. I would love to hear your stories!!














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pregnancy Troubles and Update

An Old but New New Year

Getting to Know Me